items - £0.00
Trimmer Bookmarks - an easy classroom activity!
2 March 2010 00:00:00 GMT
Create bookmarks that encourage reading! Your students will have fun making their own bookmarks to track their reading or to share as gifts.
- 1 packet of trimmers, any variety
- Wool or material
- Stickers and other materials to decorate the bookmarks
- Hole Punch
- Measure and cut trimmers into 18cm lengths.
- Decorate the front of the trimmer with your name, stickers, and other embellishments to personalise your bookmark. Leave a 3cm space at the top for a tassel.
- On the back of the trimmer, use a ruler to measure the 3cm space at the top. Then, make six lines about 2cm apart down the trimmer. These lines can be used to record books that have been read.
- Punch a hole in the top centre of your bookmark to add a tassel.
- Cut an 20cm piece of wool for the tassel.
- To insert the tassel, fold the wool in half and insert the looped end into the hole. Pull through about 3cm. Push the loose ends of the wool through the loop created. Pull slightly to tighten the wool, but not so hard that the bookmark tears.
Enjoy using your bookmark to keep track of your progress or have fun making bookmarks for others!