18 August 2010 12:06:49 BST
Create individual or group books on any topic of study.
- Large Accent Cards Variety Pack
Crayons, coloured pencils or felt tip pens
- Hole Punch
- Prior to the activity, ask students to select an Accents card that fit with the theme of their book. You’ll need two accents, for the front and back covers.
- Before beginning the activity ask students to trace around the Accent Cards on coloured paper to make the number of pages they will need for thier book. Cut out the pages.
- Now it’s time to brainstorm ideas regarding the theme of the books being created. Discuss what types of information each student might want to put in his or her book, and what types of pictures he or she might draw.
- Give each student the pages to write and draw pictures relating to their story.
- Ask students to write the title of the book and their name on the front cover.
- Bind the book with string. Students will love sharing their work with others!