Create crowns with letter pockets to use in spelling and language arts games.
- Trimmers Packet, any kind
- Alphabet Display Letters, any kind
- Clear overhead transparencies
- Clear tape
- Provide one trimmer strip for each child. Cut for them, or have the students cut the trimmer strip to the circumference of their heads plus 2cm.
- Cut the overhead transparencies into 1" x 41⁄4" pieces.
- Tape one of the clear transparency pieces to the centre, front of the trimmer to create a pocket. Tape along the bottom edge and along the two sides with clear tape.
- Form a circle (crown) with the trimmer by overlapping and stapling the two ends.
- Punch out the letters. Put letters, one at a time, into the crown pocket and work together by lining up to spell words, or stand in alphabetical order.
- The numerals that come with the letters can be used with the crowns to count and skip count.